Monday 4 July 2011

I believe I am getting more and more useless and writing blogs.


I mean seriously, the last time I posted was near my mechanics exam. That was about 14 days ago!
My life has been rather dull though lately.

Updates! I am...
  • currently looking and may have found some Astrophysics related work experience
  • almost at the end of my college year, just one more week to go!
  • very tired and in need of the longest break ever
  • trying and failing to write my personal statement for UCAS
  • not very interesting
Although there have been some very excited developments in my university box. It's getting smaller! I managed to throw out the prospectus' of the universities I am definitely not going to - even St. Andrews. It was weird considering I spent 2 years of my life obsessing about the university. I'm just not smart or perfect enough them to be honest, so I don't see the point in trying. Especially since I fell in love with Leeds.

University updates:
  • Leeds - looked at and loved it! It's just such a beautiful place, the accommodation is perfect too. I could genuinely imagine living there and also dreamt about it.
  • Nottingham - I went to the open day, it's just not the environment I want to study in. That and I am fed up of Nottingham.
  • Leicester - looking at near the end of July, I don't think I will like it though. Me and Leicester didn't get on when I last visited, although the space centre is fantastic.
  • Lancaster - apparently it's campus based and amazing. I spoke to a teacher who did his degree there and he said it was definitely worth a look! Not until August though.
  • Cardiff - my main obsession with this city started with the fact Torchwood and Doctor Who are filmed there sometimes, I would enjoy life on a daily basis based on this fact.
  • Aberystwyth - this university has the option of spending a semester in the Artic Circle, wow. Cannot wait to go see it on my birthday!
  • Kent - Ellie Goulding went to Kent apparently, it's hard to imagine this but it does make the university more appealing, although basing my opinion on this would be silly. I will judge more in October.
  • Sussex - this university has become my top choice, although it has some serious competition from Leeds. I hope it's beautiful.
I think this update is all I have time for, I have a personal statement to complete! That and I should probably sleep at some point...

Description: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiTbJlcBy-iABtUqERLPNaUQ_Skb96tPsGx7oo3xkSoe_ZlvQC6UD3OAjRshbawDRwqtLE-4Cy40pNcjSifaWc99kse_xAQ9VSHxo6BRFQt_OJL6i6MJ8lewrpXFMb4tVnDBqtvBSTL7p2A/s320/612F64375EBB771FB0F365D959121D.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment