Saturday 18 June 2011

I may have to start a diet tomorrow...

Not an actual diet (I don't think that pi pie would be very good for me though), although my current intake of rubbish - including pizza and maltesers - does indicate I should definitely go for a jog tomorrow, only because I wish to avoid heart disease and obesity. My new diet shall comprise of 90% Maths Mechanics, 5% Doctor Who and the other 5% should probably be spent on digesting relaxtion techniques.

I am feeling rather stressed.

I think what stresses me out the most is when I have to use calculus to solve problems. I like calculus, but start relating it to motion and my brain stops working and starts making stuff up. I never know when I am allowed to integrate between two limits of just indefinitely. As long as I remember SVA I should be okay. You differentiate displacement to get velocity and differentiate velocity to get acceleration. That is pretty much the limit of my knowledge. It is hard to care when you get told stuff like v = 0.1t - 5t^2, please find the acceleration. How about no, I would rather be doing something more valuable with my time - like watching Doctor Who.

Definitely doing decision next year opposed to mechanics as my application module as I just can't handle these levels of stress.  

The following picture was on a powerpoint shown in tutor recently and does describe my current state of mind when stress is removed. The prospect of looking around Leeds University next week terrifies me.

No comments:

Post a Comment