Monday 6 June 2011

So...when life gets you down, create a rocket out of symbols and blast yourself towards a happier place!

Today has both been brilliant and soul-crushing.

I really enjoyed hanging and revising with Megan and Katie this morning, it kind of made my day laughing so much and just generally catching up on girl stuff. I use to hang out and just do that aaaaaalll the time, now...not so much! I definitely miss it. Plus it was absolutely hilarious!

Now for the soul crushing part, my physics resit.

I can safely say I have never revised so hard for one exam, and for me to get in there and feel like ripping up the exam paper, it was just never going to end well. I felt okay for the first 15 minutes I suppose, but then I made the rookie mistake of looking at the clock. It always panics me, even when I have an hour left of the 1 hour and 15 minute exam - I just hate timed situations. Also the stupid examiner decided to throw in a completely foreign horse-related topic in there, purely for the sake of torturing the youth of today. Exam boards are clearly run by people who wish to cause 'youngsters' pain.

It now feels like an appropriate place to place a rocket.

~~=[::>

The rocket is important. It puts me in a brilliant position to discuss science stuff.

Firstly, I discovered today that 300 atoms of antihydrogen were collected and existed for 17 minutes! Unless you follow the fast paced field of physics, then this might not seem like a huge achievement - but it really is. It had taken about a year to go from the atoms existing for milliseconds to minutes; which when you consider the amount of difficulty going against nature causes, it's just fantastic.
My second discovery is NASA sending up the next Mars rover with a microchip full of peoples names, I just couldn't resist and have my certificate as proof. 

So next time you're feeling down, just think of my rocket!

~~=[::>

No comments:

Post a Comment